Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Random post about random things.

Lately, I have had a little problem with my hair. After WAY TOO MANY box dye jobs, and a split-second decision a few summer's ago to get a perm with my best friend, when I already had severely damaged hair. My strand's are a bit on the fried side lately. My cousin, who cuts my hair almost killed me the last time she saw it. So, I have been trying to get it back to it's healthy look again, which has been quite the struggle. I started using Organix shampoo and conditioner, because it is sulfate and paraben free, and because it just smells really good. I use the Cherry Blossom and Ginseng.


I also got Nexus Split End Repair, which works amazing. I put it in my hair after I get in the shower, and it dries like normal healthy hair would. Which is quite a change, because before I used this if I let my hair dry naturally it would poof together, and just be a big tangled mess because it was so dead. So, if you are having problems like this, I would definitely recommend you try this stuff! 


And now that my hair is actually starting to get healthier (and even grow a little too) I've started styling it again. While I was looking for different ways to do it, I came across a blog that said to put bobby pins in with the wavy part down. I have never done it like this, so I tried it, and it turns out that they really do stay in better that way. 


I also tried a waterfall braid in my hair, which turned out okay, but I think it still needs a little more practice. But, here's some hairstyles I've been trying recently:


The waterfall braid, which is basically a french braid but you leave the bottom pieces out. 


Half-up half-down. (I wore my hair like this for a long time because the front was so dead, and this hid it a little) 



And just a french braid with my bangs. (This is a really old picture but it's the only one that I had of the braid)

So, Hopefully with more trial and error, I will be able to post more hairstyles, and tricks on keeping it healthy! Thanks for reading! 


No comments:

Post a Comment