Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Random Acts of Kindness.

I haven't been on here in quite awhile, school and classes have been taking up more of my time than crafting/doing fun things lately, unfortunately. However, I do have some good news. 1) I am going to florida soon, which means a huge long blog post about that coming up. And 2) My birthday is coming up! In a month or two..haha. I tend to plan WAY ahead for these things.

While looking for fun things to do on my birthday, I "stumble upon-ed" this site called the birthday project. http://www.thebdayproject.com/ It's basically about doing good deeds towards the community on your birthday. So since I'm turning 20, I'll be doing 20 random acts of kindness towards some lucky strangers I meet during the day :) I've been recruiting friends to tag along with me for the festivities, and it should be lots of fun. I've been brainstorming what good deed's i'll accomplish and here are some of them:

1) Buy some flowers, pass them out to people who look like they could use a brighten to their day.
2) Pay for someone's meal.
3) Make those cool little flyers telling people to "take what you need"

4) Write letters to everyone in my life that has made a difference. 
5) Donate a few bags of clothes to Salvation Army
6) Buy toys to donate at the childrens floor of the local hospital
7) Make someone laugh
8) Call up a old friend, and catch up

And that's all I have so far! I'm open to suggestions if anyone can think of anything



On another note, Spring break is rapidly approaching, and that means this girl is heading to Ft. Myers, and Orlando Florida! Horray! That will be one exciting blog post, so everyone.....prepare for that one. :) 









No comments:

Post a Comment